So I've been on Weight Watchers for one week and am quite pleased with the system. I really think it's going to help me change my eating habits and look at food differently. I thought it was going to be really hard to follow, and it is, but not nearly as difficult as I imagined. I'll admit that the first three days were the hardest. I found myself getting hungry pretty fast and when I'm hungry, I'm grouchy, just ask my family! But on the fourth day, it suddenly wasn't as hard anymore. I was so happy when I realized that.
Counting my points is making me realize how much unhealthy snacking I did. What's worse, I was snacking when I wasn't hungry. I would eat a pop tart or a bowl (or 2) of cereal just because I wanted something sweet. I love how this is making me change my eating habits and how I think about food. I really want to change my mindset towards eating and my health and I think for me, this is the way to do it. I hope my resolve sticks because I already have great results this week!
So I know everyone is waiting with bated breath as to what my weigh-in was yesterday morning.
I got up and weighed before eating anything yesterday morning and I weighed: 191.5! I was thrilled! So that makes my weight loss a total of 6.7. I do have to say that the new scales I bought don't seem to be the best and they only measure in increments of .5 so I'm not getting the exact weight. I'll probably shop around for a better set. The one my brother has measures body fat too and is similar to the WW one that they sell on their website. I might reward myself with one if I lose another 5 pounds this week. That would be a nice treat for myself!
So I'm 6 pounds away from my 5% goal weight of 185.2 and I think it's very doable. I plan to add working out this week (although I will be doing my first week of training with Waylon so it might not happen, not to mention, I'll be on my feet all day at that job so it could count as some activity).
Since I lost over 5 pounds, my daily point amount went down one point. I started with 33 points a day and now I'm allowed 32. While I'm not thrilled to losing a precious point of food each day, I'm excited that it means I lost weight! Today I'm going to the grocery store to get more fruit, vegetables and non-fat, sugar-free stuff like butter and creamer (things I eat on a daily basis).
I posted some goals for last week, let's see how I did with them:
1. Buy digital scale. check! Although I'm not a huge fan of the ones I have, they are better than the old ones I had.
2. Increase my water intake. check! I increased it but not to the amount I need. It's a struggle for me since I don't really like water.
3. Join the rec center and work out twice. Didn't do this one. In fact, I don't think I'm going to join the rec center yet because I honestly don't know when I'll be able to do it. With two kids and working for Waylon, I don't know what my schedule will be like and they aren't open very early or very late so it's hard to plan work outs that don't fall under regular hours. I will focus on doing my videos here at home and maybe getting out and walking on nicer days in my Shape-Ups.
4. Lose 2 pounds. Double check! Lost 6.7!
5. Try drinking diet coke. Check! I ate out a couple times at Chick-Fil-A and drank Diet Coke each time. It wasn't so bad when I was drinking it with food. I don't think I can just drink one for the enjoyment of it yet but I'll get there.
6. Eat one vegetable a day. Check! I ate a lot of cucumbers as snacks and steamed broccoli with my frozen meals. It helped the food last a lot longer!
What are my goals for this week?
1. Lose at least 2 more pounds.
2. Work out with my videos 3 days.
3. Increase my water intake from last week.
4. Try a new recipe (there are lots of WW recipes online)
5. Take my measurements and see if I've lost any inches since taking them last. (I'll post that info next time so we can see what my initial measurements were compared to the new ones.
Overall, I'm quite pleased with how WW is working for me. I can see how it would be very easy to cheat and not count little "snacks" here and there but that's where you start slipping and stop seeing results. I've been counting everything, even if it's small. There has only been one thing I didn't count because it was going to be way to hard to figure it out for such a small little thing, but I mentally counted it as a couple of points and just didn't use two points for that day, so I think that's pretty fare.
I might even post some before and after picks once I reach my 5% goal to see if we can see a difference! Oh boy!