A lot has happened since I last blogged. Here's a run down of the quick stuff:
- Next week is my last week of school
- Brooklyn will be in the kindergarten prep class next year and go to school 4 days a week! YIKES!
- Layla just turned 2 last month and talks non-stop.
- Waylon has a new job but we don't know how long it will last because it's a temp job.
- I stopped doing the early mornings at work because it was just getting to be too much.
- We just painted our living room.
- It's been exactly 1 year since we bought our house and moved in.
- I tried freezer cooking and I LOVE it! It's going to be my new method of cooking and meal planning.
- I found out I was pregnant with baby number 3 on March 2nd. Then, I found out on April 17th that my baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks (I was almost 10 weeks along when I found this out). It was heart breaking and devastating. I am working on a post specifically on that whole story.
- I'm back to doing my c25k running. I love it and I remember feeling the same exhilaration last year when I did it that I'm feeling now. Can't wait till I'm running the long runs!
- Brooklyn learned how to write her name in school - it's so cute!
- We had to get a new van because our old one was on the verge of losing it's transmission and catalytic converter. It was going to cost around $4000 to fix and we didn't even pay that much for it. The mechanic said trade it in ASAP before the transmission died so we could get something on it. I'm now driving the mini van of my dreams - leather seats, automatic doors and a DVD player for the girls are among many of the wonderful little bells and whistles I got with it! The down side: we have a car payment again. BOO!
- We paid of ALL of my credit cards! That was $15k that I brought into our marriage that we paid off in February. HUGE relief!
- I'm going up to see my sister the week after I get out of school. It will be my first time to see my one and only nephew, Logan. My sister and her husband kindly offered to pay for me and one of my kids to come up. I was thrilled!
- We finally have a dining room table to eat at!
- I lost my wedding ring. This one still makes me sick. I was at Garden Ridge and took Brooklyn to the bathroom. I took it off to wash my hands (a habit I do without even thinking). Before I knew it, Brooklyn was making a mess with the soap so I was cleaning that up and trying to get her out quickly and ran out without my ring. I went back less than an hour later and it was gone. I've gone back twice now to see if anyone turned it in and no one has. I'm absolutely devastated over this. I thought I had lost it the week I miscarried but I found it about 2 weeks ago and was SO relieved...only to lose it again! GARR!
- Waylon and I have been working at getting back on track with budgeting and paying off debt and saving. I want to write a post about that as well since we are trying some "new" things while still sticking to the Financial Peace University principles. I think they will fit our personal lifestyle better and are just small changes we are making to keep it going.
- I have some big summer plans to decorate and update my house in a budget-friendly way. I'll probably do a post on that as well.
Phew! I think that's all the "big" stuff from the past few months. I really do want to start writing again so my goal for now is 2 posts a week. If I don't write what's going on in our lives on here, I feel like I won't remember later on down the road. I haven't kept track of things anywhere else so I really want to continue chronicling our lives. I unfortunately don't have a recent picture to upload since I've been taking all my photos from my phone. I'm sure there's a way to transfer those to the computer, I just haven't tried it yet. Maybe next time!
Happy Memorial Day!